Frequently Asked Questions


Booking Questions

How do I book a tour?

We want to provide a great experience, starting off by making the booking process quite simple. The way we work is by customizing the type of services you want, and adjust our final itinerary to your expectations. Therefore, the same route can have different prices, extensions, among others; our goal is always to provide up-to-date and competitive pricing.

So, based on the information you provide on your inquiry form about the trip you are interested in, we will get back to you within 72 hours with a proposed itinerary which we will work on until it meets your trip goals.

How do I know which tour is best for me?

We've come up with Trip Ratings for each of our tours in an effort to help our customers. If you still have questions, please don't hesitate to reach out to us.

What happens after I fill out the Inquiry Form?

One of our experts will be contacting you within 72 hours either to finalize the booking process of one of our proposed trips advertised on our site, or to start working on a custom itinerary that will cover your trip goals and expectations.

We will email you three (3) PDF documents: one with your itinerary, one with accommodation options, and one Trip Application form which you will fill out once we you have approved your itinerary.

When do I make a deposit?

If you have decided that one of our trips meets your planned journey, all you have to do is fill out our inquiry form and we will contact you with the final details on how to proceed with a booking deposit.

When do I have to pay the balance?

We would need to have your balance paid 45 days prior to your arrival to the country. If you are booking 30 to 40 days before our trip is set to depart, we will request full payment for the journey you are interested in.

Why do I need to provide my passport number?

Your full name and passport number are required for booking hotels, National Parks entrance fees, possible flights, and bus and train tickets.

Is a copy of my passport necessary?

Yes, it will be very useful. A copy of your passport will help avoid any misspellings or typos that could cause issues during your trip.

Do I need a Visa?

Please check with us if you need a visa. In South America, Bolivia requests American citizens to have a visa before entering the country.

If you are traveling to Peru, Chile or Argentina a visa is not required for US citizens. A valid passport with an expiration date of at least six months from the trip date is all you need.

Should I purchase travel insurance?

We find travel insurance quite useful. Emergencies happen when you least expect them, and it is better to be a step ahead by having the most common travel issues covered.

flight Questions

Do I need to do anything before I book a tour?

Do please check with us for availability before booking your flights, especially if you are seeking to book the Inca Trail to Machu Picchu.

What if I'd like to travel with a group?

If you need to book trips for a group please check with us, as we might be able to offer some tips and advice for you to have the best rates possible with domestic airlines within the country you are traveling to.

I'm traveling alone. What if I want to meet up with a group?

If you are a solo traveler and would like to meet up with another tour group, please check with us before you book. We will help plan how to best meet up with the group.

Peru Questions

When is the best time to visit the Peruvian Andes?

Traveling throughout Peru all year round is possible if you are visiting Cusco, Arequipa, or the Lake Titicaca area. If you are planning on going hiking, then it is better to consider the months of June to September. The dry season, although is cold is ideal for outdoors activities.

I'd like to hike the Inca Trail. Do I need to book early?

Permits for the Inca Trail are limited to 500 people per day, and allocated on a first-come, first-served basis. Book as early as possible to guarantee your place on your chosen departure (four-five months in advance is recommended).

Which city should I fly in to?

You need to book flights to Lima in order to get connections to main cities in Peru.

What currency do I bring?

You can bring U.S. dollars - small demonitation: $5, $10, $20 bills are better. Make sure they are not ripped as banks may not accept them. You can use also your ATM card, but limited withdrawal amounts may apply by your bank. Please check with them before traveling.

Do I need a Visa to enter to Peru?

Visitors from the US, Canada, the UK, European Union states, Australia, and New Zealand do not need a visa to enter Peru, and you will be granted an automatic 90-day tourist visa upon arrival. You will also receive an additional document (tarjeta Migratoria) with an entry stamp and the rights of stay, and it is important that you don’t lose this as it’s needed to exit the country.

Do I need Vaccinations?

There are no mandatory vaccines for entry into Peru. Should you wish to visit the Amazonian region of the country, the Ministry of Health recommends vaccinations against yellow fever.

Travelers in jungle areas below 7,400 feet like Amazonas, Loreto, San Martín, Ucayali, Junín, Madre de Dios are recommended to get Yellow fever vaccine.

Bolivia Questions

When is the best time to visit Bolivia?

Keep in mind the rainy season is from November to April, the best months to travel are from May to October for hiking and outdoor activities.

Winter time in Bolivia could be very cold, especially traveling to Uyuni -June - July and August Temperatures averages 55°F/14°C down to 20°F/3°C.

How does one acclimate to the altitude?

It all depends on your fitness levels and how many days you spend at lower altitudes before attempting long hikes at high altitude ranges. Recommended would be at least three to five days before any trek above 9900ft3000m/ to acclimate.

What currency do I bring?

You can bring US dollars (smaller denominations such as $5, $10, and $20 are better). Make sure they are not ripped, as banks may not accept them. You can use also your ATM card. However, limited amounts of withdrawals may apply by your bank, so it is best to check with them before traveling.

Do I need a Visa to enter into Bolivia?

To enter Bolivia as tourists, U.S. citizens require entry visas. The tourist visa for US citizens is valid for five (5) years from the date of issue and the admission period per year is ninety (90) days. A US citizen tourist visa holder will be able to use the visa for up to three (3) times each year.

Tourist Visa Fee for U.S. citizens: $160.00.

Visa can be obtained at any Consulate of Bolivia.

Do I need Vaccinations?

Yellow fever is a risk in certain parts of Bolivia, so CDC recommends the yellow fever vaccine for travelers 9 months of age or older to these areas. Country entry requirement: The government of Bolivia requires proof of yellow fever vaccination if you are traveling from a country with risk of yellow fever (this does not include the US - for complete list, see Countries with risk of yellow fever virus (YFV) transmission. For more information on recommendations and requirements, see yellow fever recommendations and requirements for Bolivia. Your doctor can help you decide if this vaccine is right for you based on your travel plans.

Patagonia Questions

When is the best time to visit Patagonia?

Summer time (December to March) in the South Hemisphere is the best season to go.

Can I hike or camp in Patagonia?

The Patagonian region is very busy during the Summer time, and campsites need to be booked in advance. Hotels and Lodges are also in high demand during this season.

Where should I fly in to?

From Santiago de Chile there are daily connections to Punta Arenas. From Buenos Aires there are daily connections to El Calafate.

Do I need a Visa to enter into Chile or Argentina?

Visas are not required for stays of 90 days or less (tourist passports only).

Do I need vaccinations?

The Patagonia region of Argentina and Chile require no vaccinations to enter the country, except for passengers coming from countries where cholera and yellow fever are endemic. Also, a Hepatitus A vaccination is usually highly recommended for visiting both countries